If you are looking for a classic Maine waterfront retreat, look no further than Smuggler’s Cove Inn. This resort near Boothbay Harbor, Maine, is perfect for any vacation, from a romantic escape for two to a fun family getaway. There is plenty to do, both on and off our grounds, including checking out beaches around Boothbay Harbor. A round of our beach bingo is a great way to check out area beaches and enjoy classic beach activities.
A Guide to Area Beaches and Activities
Smuggler’s Cove Inn has its own sandy beach to enjoy while checking off bingo squares. Once you’ve beached it at Smuggler’s Cove Inn, explore Boothbay Harbor more by visiting a nearby beach that just happens to cross off another box, including:
- Barrett’s Park: This beach is a popular swimming spot on Linekin Bay near our sister resort, Linekin Bay Resort.
- Hendrick’s Head Beach: Found on Southport, the sandy beach has access to a small island the whole family will enjoy and views of Hendrick’s Head Lighthouse.
- Knickerbocker Lake: This beach is just a short drive away from our resort and is known for swimming, canoeing, and kayaking.
- Grimes Cove: Found right in Easy Boothbay, this is arguably one of the area’s best-kept secrets. Be sure to hike the trail to see views of the ocean.
Our bingo is filled with activities everyone will enjoy while soaking up the Maine sunshine.
- The sandy shoreline is the perfect place to go “shelling”. Keep your eyes out for beach glass and shells uncovered by the tides.
- See a whale in the distance. Whale watching season generally runs from mid-April through October. To better your chance of spotting one of these majestic creatures, book your spot on a cruise with Cap’n Fish’s Cruises.
- Try something new by paddleboarding off our shores with one of our own SUPs.
- Check out canoes and kayaks at our resort. If you are visiting another beach, popular rental services include Tidal Transit.
- Swim oceanside at the Smuggler’s Cove Inn heated oceanfront pool or take a polar plunge off the dock.
After a fun-filled beach day, unwind back in your vacation rental at Smuggler’s Cove Inn. Our resort near Boothbay Harbor is the perfect home base for your next coastal Maine getaway. Take in the views of Linekin Bay from your room’s semi-private decks. Guest rooms come in a range of sizes, either a king-size bed or two queens, so we can accommodate groups of various sizes. Be sure to take advantage of all our fantastic onsite amenities, including breakfast served daily and a fire pit perfect for s’mores. Learn more about our resort or how our special packages can enhance your stay by calling 207-633-2800.