There’s no shortage of amazing water activities to enjoy during your stay at Smuggler’s Cove Inn. Thanks to our resort being right on the water, you can enjoy swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and even paddleboarding all on our property. When you explore more of the water and wildlife that calls it home, book your spot on a Boothbay Harbor Boat Tour. With tours ranging from short scenic cruises to wildlife watching expeditions, there’s something for every day of your trip.
A Midcoast Maine Boat Tour Checklist
With so many different varieties of boat tours, it can be hard to know where to start. Adding a different type of tour every day to your itinerary is a great way to see all that Maine has to offer while switching up your adventures.
- Midcoast Sailing Company: Tour the Boothbay Harbor waters on a sailboat adventure with Midcoast Sailing Company. Whether you select a full-day cruise, weekend cruise, or half-day cruise, you’ll be shown points of interest all over the area, including Squirrel Island and Burnt Island Lighthouse.
- Cap’n Fish’s Cruises: Enjoy a range of cruise and tour adventures with Cap’n Fish’s Cruises. Search for whales and puffins on a whale watching and puffin cruise, or book your spot on a scenic cruise that’ll take you around the inner islands or harbor.
- Schooner Eastwind: Take a two-hour tour on Boothbay Harbor’s largest schooner with Schooner Eastwind. During your adventure, you’ll be able to see everything the Maine coastline has, from lighthouses to working lobstermen to remote islands.
- Damariscotta River Cruises: Take a quick drive over to neighboring Damariscotta to enjoy a tour with Damariscotta River Cruises. See the oyster farms on an oyster farm and seal watching tour or watch the sun sink into the horizon on a sunset and happy hour cruise.
- Balmy Day Cruises: Cruise around Boothbay Harbor on The Novelty during a one-hour tour with Balmy Day Cruises. You can also enjoy a boat tour of Burnt Island Lighthouse or go on a sailing trip aboard the Bay Lady.
No matter what tours make your final itinerary, be sure to bring your camera along to capture the sights.
Take in the Maine Coastline during Your Smuggler’s Cove Getaway
Whether you are enjoying a cruise along the coastline on a Boothbay Harbor boat tour or hiking on the trail, there’s no shortage of ways to take in the beauty of Maine’s coastline. Smuggler’s Cove Inn is the perfect home base for your next Midcoast Maine vacation. Our range of accommodations, onsite activities, and variety of amenities makes it perfect for groups of any size. To learn more about booking your stay or special offers, please call us at 207-633-2800.